How Can I Transfer iPhone LockBox Data to My PC?
The LockBox application for iPhone allows you safely store your personal data, such as passwords, bank account information, credit card numbers, PIN numbers and other sensitive information. The application is highly encrypted and allows users to export lists created inside of the iPhone application, as well as import lists that are created outside of the system. However, when you import a list into the application, it automatically deletes the existing list on the application so be careful when you create lists outside of the system. The app hasn't been updated since 2011 but it is still functional and works with iOS 5.0 onwards.
Verify that your computer is connected to a Wi-Fi network then press the icon for your LockBox application to open the application.
Enter your password. Press the **Import/Export Data** button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen. A screen will appear with a website address on it.
Open any Web browser on your computer and enter the web address provided by the LockBox application.
Enter your passcode in the box beneath Export and click on the box labeled **Click Here to Download Your Data Backup**. A Web page will open up that lists all of your data.
Copy the data on the screen into a word processing document and save the document to your computer.
Tips & Warnings
- In order to export your data to a computer, your iPhone must be connected to a Wi-Fi network. You will not be able to export data if you have only a mobile data connection.
- In addition to exporting data, you can also import data from any word processing program.
- LockBox Pro is also available from the iTunes app store. The professional version of LockBox allows users to import larger lists of data, has an added layer of encryption, no advertising and the ability to enter as many sub-fields you desire.
- Choosing to import a new list will delete your existing list. You will not be able to recover any list once it is deleted.
- Sometimes the Web address provided by LockBox doesn't work the first time. If the LockBox Web address doesn't work, shut the application down and restart it. Repeat the steps to get back to the screen where LockBox provides you a website address until your computer browser recognizes the address and takes you to the passcode entry screen.