How to Install an HD Satellite Dish
Many people would like to get the hundreds of high definition channels that are available through satellite providers, but don't do so because they feel that installing the dish is too complicated or they are afraid of doing something wrong. Here is how you install a Satellite Dish system
Things You'll Need
- Satellite Dish system
- Small/Portable Television
- Drill with drilling bits
- Socket Wrench or Screw Driver
- Bolts or Screws (usually included with the system)
- Adjustable Wrench
First you should determine where you are going to place your new Satellite Dish.
Next take the mounting bracket and draw an outline of the bracket and mark where the holes are located on the outline.
After you finish the outline drill the holes into the areas you have marked and then take the mounting bracket and bolt it to the area you have selected for your dish.
Once you have installed the bracket and mounted the dish connect the small television to the dish. The dish will have a signal strength application in the menu selection screen.
Once the application is active take the small television and place it where you will be able to both see the television and move the dish at the same time.
Make sure the dish is locked in the middle of its vertical movement.
Move the dish back and forth horizontally and stop where the signal is strongest and then tighten the bolt that holds the dish in place horizontally.
Loosen the bolt that holds the dish in place vertically and then move the dish up and down vertically and stop where the signal is the strongest
Tighten the bolt that holds the dish in place vertically.
Disconnect the from the small television and connect it to the television you wish to view your newly acquired channels on.
Tips & Warnings
- Make sure your dish is not obstructed by buildings or trees. This may interfere with your signal.
- Try to mount the dish as high off of the ground as you can, either on the roof or near the roof if possible.
- If you plan on running the wire that goes from the Satellite Dish to the television through a window you should mount the dish as close to the window as possible.
- Make sure you bolt the bracket to a stud or something designed to support weight.
- When you take the small television outside make sure it is on a level sturdy surface.