How to Locate a Cell Phone Instantly
Cell phones can be instantly located thanks to the GPS chip that is installed in the devices. Your phone’s GPS is designed to help emergency services locate you if need be, and is also an essential part of using a cell phone carrier’s mapping software. Location services are also available if you register your phone with a third-party tracking provider; you must sign up for the service and install a small application on your cell phone. Once launched, the application will relay, in real time, the cell phone’s current location.
Point your browser to the Buddyway website, a free GPS tracking service for cell phones. Register for an account by providing your email, username, cell phone number and password. Submit the information and open your email software. Wait for a confirmation from Buddyway to arrive in your email. Click on the link in the email to verify your account.
Log into your Buddyway account from your computer using your email address and password. Click on the highlighted link that allows you to download the free tracking application. Follow the instructions to install the software on your specific phone. Launch the application on your cell phone.
Determine what type of privacy settings you would like on your account. Select the public trip services directly from the application of your phone. This feature allows you to share your current location with friends and family. You can even set up email messages and text alerts that can be sent to others to share your location instantly.
Tips & Warnings
- To track someone else’s phone, receive hjis consent and follow the directions above. Sign up for an additional account with Buddyway. Make sure the privacy settings allow you to view his current location.
- To share your location by using Twitter, log into your account and click on “Settings” in the upper right corner of the screen. Tick the box that allows you to add your current location to your tweets.
- Another way to help others find your cell phone instantly is to install an application such as FourSquare, a mobile application that allows users to “check in” from their phone and instantly relay the device’s current location.
- Tracking a phone without the user’s permission constitutes an invasion of privacy; you must receive permission from the individual prior to installing any type of tracking software on his cell phone.
- When using Buddyway, the application must be launched on the phone in order for the device to be tracked.