How to Make Money With YouTube.com
YouTube boasts millions of page hits every day. As is true across the Internet, there is money to be made. But YouTube is a little different--it rewards creativity. This article will provide a guide on how to turn your creativity into extra income.
Things You'll Need
- Video editing software
- Internet connection
- Personal website
The Basics to Profiting on YouTube
Understand that step one--creating a video--is probably the hardest part of making money on YouTube. Start out by coming up with an idea. If you have a special skill, you can create a video tutorial. If you are good at video editing you could make a parody of a popular music video or a short animated story.
Record your idea and give it some sort of unique flair. Some of the most popular ongoing YouTube series include strong recognizable characters.
Before uploading your video to YouTube open it in your favorite video editing program and add a watermark directing users to your website.
Of course, you will need a website to capitalize off of this method. Websites like Google Page Creator offer the tools you will need to do this for free.
Prepare your website by adding content and placing ads. The content can be minimal--perhaps a compilation of your YouTube work. The key is not to keep people on your site, but to get them clicking ads. Google AdSense provides ads that will target your user based on content and pay you for each click.
Upload your video to YouTube. Remember to link your website in the video and also in the description page.
Using YouTube as a Tool
Instead of using YouTube to direct traffic to your site, you will learn how to use YouTube to add content to your website. This time, start by creating a website with Google Page Creator. Remember to include advertisements.
Browse YouTube and find videos you would like to place on your site. It does not matter if these videos are not yours. Simply choose videos you like that will go well together. You can focus on comedy, politics, useful guides or anything else that can be grouped.
Now that you have found the videos you would like to use, copy the code next to "Embed" on the right side of the video and paste it into your site. The video will show up in a box on your homepage.
Build content around the videos that you have chosen. If you used cooking videos, arrange them in an easy to use manner with ingredients clearly listed. Add witty commentary to a collection of funny videos. Figure out what it will take to attract users to your website.
Now that YouTube has provided you with content to fuel your site, use other methods to advertise. Tell family and friends. Write the address wherever you can. Put signs up around your school or work. The goal is to create traffic to click your ads as much as possible.
Tips & Warnings
- Creating an ongoing series is one of the most profitable methods of using YouTube. An ongoing series will create a dedicated fan base that will frequent your website and click more ads. Videos with more views are also displayed higher in YouTube's results, creating more income.
- Do not push your website too aggressively. People know if they want to visit it, so don't paste the link half way through the video. Just be sure everyone knows, without being overbearing, that your website will provide more information or videos.
- If you find a video that does not have a copyright, you can slap your address on and upload it to YouTube. It is polite to give credit when due, but at least it isn't illegal.
- Use a website like Tiny URL to ensure your website's address isn't too long.
- Do not steal videos with copyrights. This will get your YouTube, AdSense, and Google Page Creator accounts banned very quickly.