How to Reverse Lookup a Cell Phone Number Using Google
If you have a phone number on your cell phone that you do not recognize, you can look it up on the Internet. There are many reverse look-up websites that let you find out the phone number of that number for free. However, you will have to pay to find out background information of that person such as his or her street address, place of business and criminal record. For example, if you have an harassing caller, you may want to find out who it is or you could provide the information (along with the call records) to the police department. A simple search in Google will help you find the right website for your needs.
Open a Web browser. Enter "www.Google.com" in the URL field. Press the "Go" button.
Enter the words "reverse phone lookup" in the search bar. Press the "Search" button. Click on the reverse phone website you would like to use. Examples include Reverse Phone Directory, Reverse Phone Lookup and PhoneNumber.com (see Resources).
Type the person's phone number in the search bar. Leave out the dashes, if directed by the website. Verify that the information is correct.
Press the "Search" button. Wait for the results to load. The next page will have the name and location (town and state) of the phone number.
Tips & Warnings
- You will have to pay more to find out the person's background information, such as his or her complete address and criminal background.
References & Resources
- Techie Buzz: Google Phone Number Lookup [Phonebook Search]
- EmailWire: Consumers using Free Reverse Cell Phone Number Lookup Tracing - will discover the Google Map identity and address of any Individuals Calling the Family, Home, or Place of Business secretly.
- Reverse Phone Directory: Free Searches
- Reverse Phone Lookup: Lookup a Phone Number
- PhoneNumber.com: Reverse Phone Lookup