How to Unlock a Lost Phone
Phones are usually locked by cell phone service providers when a phone is lost or as a tactic to keep users from switching from one provider to another. You can unlock your lost and found mobile phone to remove SIM card restrictions and enable you to use your phone with any service provider around the world.
Things You'll Need
- Unlock Codes Calculator software
- IMEI number
- Phone unlock code
Download an unlocking software to your PC for your cell phone's model, such as a NokiaFree Unlock Codes Calculator, Unlock Samsung @ Home or MotoBlaze for Motorola phones. Alternatively, download a universal phone unlock software calculator like Universal Simlock Remover.
Navigate your phone's "Status" menu to view your phone's IMEI number. Press "*#06#" on your cell phone keyboard and then press the "Call" or "Enter" button to view your phones IMEI number. Note down the IMEI number.
Launch the unlocking software. Double-click on and run the software program to access the software unlock platform.
Enter the IMEI number in the IMEI text box provided and click the "Generate Code" button. You are shown a list of unlock codes for your cell phone.
Choose your phone's manufacturer, make and model, your country and your cell phone provider from the drop-down list provided.
Type one of the unlock codes into your phone to unlock your lost cell phone.
Tips & Warnings
- You may also contact your cell phone service provider and request help to unlock your lost phone. Agree to the terms your cell phone service provider may require, such as paying an unlocking fee or giving assurance that you will remain with the company, depending on the contract that may exist between you and the company. Enter the unlocking code your cell phone service provider gives you into your phone to unlock your phone. Follow all the instructions that you are given by the cell phone company to ensure you unlock your phone successfully.
References & Resources
- CNET Download: Welcome NokiaFree Unlock Codes Calculator Users
- PRLog: How to Unlock Your Cell Phone?
- AskStudent: How to Unlock a Cell Phone for Free and Get Unlock Codes
- The Phone Unlockers: Welcome to the Phone Unlockers
- Unlock to Talk: T-Mobile Unlock Codes
- Ajit Gaddam: How to Unlock Any Nokia Phone and Get Its Unlcock Codes
- Download Software 4 Free!: MotoBlaze
- TopShareware.com: Unlock Samsung @ Home
- GSM-Support: Universal Simlock Remover --- Free Unlock Software