How to Upload Video to Facebook
Upload a video to Facebook and watch the comments roll in. The process is actually very easy, and it lets you share good times with friends, and even tag them!
Before you even try to upload a video to Facebook, save it to your PC with a common name, something that's easy to remember, and not a bunch of random digits. You'll save yourself time in the next step. Facebook supports the typical video formats - mov (Quicktime), avi, wmv (Windows Media) - and many, many more.
Sign in to your Facebook home page. At the top of the page, click "Profile" to get to your unique wall. Then click on the tab "Video." If you don't see a video, tab, click the plus sign (+) and then add "video."
Click on "+ Upload." The uploaded videos can be accessed here, just like a video photo album.
Click "Browse" and locate file on your computer (because of the name, you should easily find it.) After you find it, select it, and click "open." The upload will begin shortly.
It may take some minutes to fully upload and be viewable to others. There is a box you can check that will inform Facebook to let you know when the video is ready to be viewed. While you're waiting for the video to upload to Facebook, you can enter information about the video, like the title and any comments you may have. When it's finished uploading, it'll be on your wall and the home page for all of your friends to see (and friends of friends if your privacy settings allow.)
Tips & Warnings
- Edit your videos with editing software such as Windows Movie Maker. Shorten the length, add effects/transitions, etc.
- The best facebook videos are short - less than 2 minutes.
- Once your videos are uploaded, you can tag your friends in them.
- The video file must be less than 1024 MB. If it is too large, compress.
- The video must be shorter than 20 minutes
- It must be made by you and your friends.
- You and/or your friends must be in it.