How to Video Record With My Webcam & Laptop
A webcam is a small camera designed for Internet video communication. Webcams can capture images and videos, and facilitate video conferencing. Some webcams are accessories designed to mount onto a computer and plug in using a USB connection.
Things You'll Need
- Webcam capture software
Connect your webcam to your laptop and turn it on.
Install your webcam capture software if you haven't done so already. Some examples of capturing software are Windows Movie Maker, which comes free with Windows PCs, and Quick Time Player, which is free on Macintosh computers and can record the screen in Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Additional capture programs includes CamStudio, Yawcam and Xsplit. (See Resources)
Open your capture software and select your camera from the "Devices" menu.
Click on "Capture."
Click " Capture" again when you've finished recording. The button may now display as "Stop Recording," "End Capture" or "Finish," depending on the specific program you're using.
References & Resources
- All Streaming Media: How to Record Streaming Video from Live Web Cams to Hard Disk
- Washburn Law: How To Record a Video With a Webcam
- Gaullaudet University: How Do I Record Myself Using Webcam?
- SUNY Cortland University: WebCams & Desktop Videoconferencing
- CNET: Video Capture Software
- Screen Hunter
- Cam Studio