At its first-ever press event, Snapchat announced the launch of its very own in-app gaming platform. Snap Games will bring a social gaming experience directly into Snapchat, making it easy for friends to play together.
Snap Games can be launched from the Chat bar, which lets friends instantly play together—no install is required. According to the company, "You can see which friends you're playing with, send them a chat, or even talk live with voice chat. It feels like you're sitting shoulder to shoulder, playing on the same screen."
These are the six games you'll be able to play immediately and their descriptions from Snapchat:
- In Bitmoji Party, you can play as yourself in a series of quick, wacky mini-games.
- In Tiny Royale from Zynga, you and your friends shoot to the top in bite-sized Battle Royale action.
- In Snake Squad from Game Closure, you and your squad work together to be the last ones standing!
- In C.A.T.S. Drift Race from ZeptoLab, you'll drift around the track and speed past friends for the win!
- In Zombie Rescue Squad from PikPok, your squad will rescue survivors in a zombie-infested city.
- In Alphabear Hustle from Spry Fox, you'll collaborate to form words — fast! — to build your village.
There won't be any in-app purchases available at launch, but users will be give the option to watch six second unskippable ads that reward them with a power up or bonus in-game currency. Snap Games is available now on iOS and Android.