If you want to make a political contribution to a 2020 presidential candidate, Amazon is going to make it very easy for you.
The company announced that starting next month, Alexa users can choose a presidential candidate to donate to by saying "Alexa, I want to make a political contribution" or "Alexa, donate [amount] to [candidate name]."
You'll be able to donate anywhere from $5 to $200 per campaign, but only once per election cycle. Donations are made through Amazon Pay, which is connected to a user's payment information via their Amazon account.
To avoid unintentionally contributing to a campaign (or if a certain friend has opposing political views and wants you to pay for it... literally), you can set up a passcode.
You can also use Alexa to get a refresher on how the election process works, information about the candidates, or the timing for the next debate.
According to Amazon, these are some of the things you can ask Alexa:
- "Alexa, who is running for president?"
- "Alexa, how is [candidate name] polling?"
- "Alexa, who endorses [candidate name]?"
- "Alexa, when is the Iowa caucus?"
- "Alexa, how does [candidate name] stand on Education?"
- "Alexa, when is the next debate?"
The feature will roll out next month.