Crocs have seen a surge in popularity recently, thanks in large part to teenagers. American teens are gravitating toward the comfortable foam-resin shoes, which have expanded from the original basic colors and styles to the wide variety currently available. You have multiple options for personalizing crocs, including buying charms, purchasing custom Crocs online, watching for Crocs to announce new collaborations with designers, and designing your own.
The quickest way to make your Crocs unique is by adding a custom Jibbitz, available on the Crocs website. These charms, initially created by a stay-at-home mom, are designed to fit snugly into the holes on your Crocs, allowing you to make them your own. You can continue to add charms until you fill up the top of your Crocs.
Among the many custom Jibbitz charms available are food items, Disney characters and sports objects. You can also type out any combination of letters and get attractive letters that fit in the holes in your Crocs, to spell out your name, your favorite sports team or anything else you want. Each Jibbitz is only a few dollars.
Video of the Day
Custom Crocs on Etsy
As with other crafty items, Etsy is a great place to find one-of-a-kind personalized Crocs. The site is home to artists across the globe who create crafts, and custom-designed Crocs are among them. To find them, search for custom Crocs and select the box to filter for only shoes.
Products on Etsy can be expensive, with many crafty Crocs selling for more than $100. If you're looking for something specific, you may have better luck buying your shoes and paying a local artist to paint a design on them.
If you haven't already, you may want to check out the Collaborations section of the Crocs website. Go to crocs.com/collaborations and start browsing. Crocs regularly joins forces with top designers to create interesting prints for customers of all ages. These designer Crocs sell out quickly, but you can sign up to be notified of any new collaborations.
You can also find a wide variety of prints at crocs.com. The company issues seasonal prints, along with designs that are available until they're discontinued. You can filter the search results by age group, gender, color and size to narrow the options.
DIY Custom Crocs
Why spend a fortune on designer Crocs when you can have fun creating your own custom Crocs? There are a variety of ways you can make your Crocs your own. If you have kids, this could also be a fun rainy-day project. You'll have a great day of bonding and learning, and they'll have one-of-a-kind shoes they can wear with pride.
Here are some tips for creating the best pair of Crocs in town:
- If you want to paint your Crocs, you'll need the right type of paint for the material. Acrylic paints are the best option because they're the least likely to crack, peel or fade.
- You can buy Croc-a-doodles, markers that lets you mark up your Crocs in whatever way suits your mood.
- Pinterest is great for gaining inspiration. You can find some great ideas and get links to articles and videos with step-by-step instructions.
- You can also spray-paint your Crocs to make them a different color. This is great if you want a color that Crocs doesn't sell, or you found a great deal on a pair and want to provide your own personal spin.
- The spray-painting option also means you can create custom letters. You cover the part of the Crocs you don't want painted with block letters or a design you print paper and cut out with an Exacto knife. Use that as an overlay and spray-paint the design onto your Crocs.