There's no better time to scroll TikTok than when you're laying in bed procrastinating sleep. But when you stay up until midnight or later watching endless videos that TikTok's algorithm sets you up with, it's inevitable that your eyes will eventually get heavy and you'll start to accept that sleep is near. That is until a video pops up with a bright white screen that perks you right back up.
If that happens to you on a regular basis, you might want to consider turning on dark mode. Dark mode reduces blue light that can interrupt sleep or your brain getting ready for sleep.
Video of the Day
How To Turn On TikTok's Dark Mode
- Open TikTok.
- Go to your profile by tapping the profile icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap the ≡ icon in the top right corner where a popup menu will appear.
- Select Settings and Privacy.
- Under Content & Activity, tap Dark Mode.
- From there, you can choose the appearance you prefer — either light mode or dark mode. You also have the option to match the appearance to your phone's Display & Brightness settings.
Dark mode isn't magic. You'll eventually need to put your phone down to fall asleep, but should at least make your scrolling more pleasant.