There are lots of reasons why you might need to record your screen. Maybe you need to show someone how to use an app, or maybe you need to give step-by-step instructions on how to set up a feature, or maybe you just need to low key stalk an ex.
Whatever the reason, screen recording is possible on any iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch operating in iOS 11 or later. It's super easy, and it even records sound.
Here's how to record your screen
- Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then tap next to Screen Recording.
- Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen, or if you're using an iPhone X or later or iPad with iOS 12 or later, swipe down from the top right corner of the screen.
- Hold the button and tap Microphone.
- Tap Start Recording, and a three-second countdown will begin.
- Open the Control Center and tap . Or tap the red status bar at the top of your screen and tap Stop.
Screen recordings are automatically saved in Photos.