If you don't want the world (AKA your followers) to see how many likes you get on each of your posts, and instead prefer them to focus on the actual content rather than the popularity, you can take change your settings to hide them.
Instagram lets you hide like and view counts on a post prior to posting it, or you can do it after the post is up. You can also hide the total number of likes and views on posts from other accounts so you aren't distracted by who likes what.
Video of the Day
We'll take you through the steps below.
- Go to your page and create a post like you normally would.
- On the last page before you post your photo (where the caption is written and where you can tag people and add a location), scroll to the bottom and tap Advanced Settings.
- Toggle on Hide Like and View Counts on This Post.
How to hide likes on other accounts
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Tap Settings.
- In the search bar, type in "posts." Tap on Posts when it appears.
- Toggle on Hide Like and View Counts.
After making the change, when your post is liked by anyone, it'll say "liked by one user and others" beneath the post.