How to Download a YouTube Video to Your Cell Phone
Web users all over the world have discovered the unique and addictive content on video mega-site YouTube. But YouTube's content isn't just for Internet users--those with Web-enabled cell phones can also experience everything this site has to offer.
Things You'll Need
- Computer and Internet connection
- Multimedia messaging (MMS) enabled cell phone
Set Up Your YouTube Mobile Profile
Go the YouTube home page (see the Resources section below).
Create an account if you don't already have one by clicking 'Sign Up,' or log in to your existing account.
Click the 'My Account' link.
Find the 'Account Settings' heading and click 'Mobile Upload Profiles.'
Select the 'Create Mobile Profile' button and enter all the required information.
Click the 'Create Profile' button. You can now download YouTube videos onto your cell phone.
Download YouTube Videos onto Your Cell Phone
Load the YouTube home page on your Web-enabled cell phone.
Click 'Log In' and enter your username and password.
Browse through the available videos to find content that interests you. You can search for recent videos to see the latest offerings from YouTube viewers or search through categories to find specific types of content.
Click on any individual video to download. You'll need your mobile account information if you wish to upload content.
Use the controls within the video player to stop and start the content. Enjoy!
Tips & Warnings
- Type 'Download YouTube To Cell Phones' in the search box on the home page to bring up videos submitted by viewers on how to watch YouTube video content on a mobile phone, or access the YouTube Help Center.
- Note that YouTube does not currently have a way to conduct a 'SafeSearch,' which means that videos you access may contain adult language or themes not suitable for children.
- Although YouTube does not allow users to download videos directly to their cell phones, you'll be be able to upload and view any available content on your phone.
- Make sure your cell phone is MMS enabled before trying to view YouTube videos on it. In addition, your calling plan must also support Web connections.