Apple's new titanium credit card has been making its way to homes this week. The company released some suggestions on how to take care of the card, and they're very... specific.
You know how you keep your credit cards in your wallet like most humans? Well, Apple says not to store the card in your leather wallet because it could cause discoloration. You also shouldn't place it in a pocket or bag with loose change or keys. Or near magnets. Or in denim.
Video of the Day
So, basically you need to hold it, tape it to your arm, or stick it in your shoe (as long as your shoe isn't made of leather).
Here are all of Apple's suggestions on how to safely store and carry your Apple Card
- Store your titanium Apple Card in a wallet, pocket, or bag made of soft materials.
- Place your card in a slot in your wallet or billfold without touching another credit card. If two credit cards are placed in the same slot your card could become scratched.
- Don't place or store your titanium Apple Card card near magnets. If your card is placed close to a magnetic latch on a purse or bag, the magnetic strip can become demagnetized.
- Don't place your titanium Apple Card in a pocket or bag that contains loose change, keys, or other potentially abrasive objects.
And here's how to clean it
- Gently wipe with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free microfiber cloth.
- Moisten a soft, microfiber cloth with isopropyl alcohol and gently wipe the card.
Don't use window or household cleaners, compressed air, aerosol sprays, solvents, ammonia, or abrasives to clean your titanium Apple Card.
Some fabrics, like leather and denim, might cause permanent discoloration that will not wash off.