A computer presentation can help you make ideas and thoughts easier for other to understand by providing them with a visually interactive learning experience. Therefore, if you have a presentation on your Toshiba laptop that you would like to show to others, connecting your computer to a projector makes the presentation easily viewable to all in the room. Most Toshiba laptops come with a VGA or DVI video out port that lets you connect your computer to a projector in just a few minutes.
Locate the blue VGA or DVI port on the back of the Toshiba laptop after you've shut it down. Plug the RGB cable from the projector into the VGA or DVI port on the laptop.
Plug the projector into an electrical outlet and turn it on. Turn on the laptop and allow it to boot completely.
Open the application that contains the presentation you want to display on the projector.
Press "Fn" and "F5" simultaneously to toggle the display between "laptop only," "projector only" and "laptop and projector."
Things You'll Need
Some newer Toshiba laptops will automatically enable the display on both devices when the computer powers on.
- San Francisco State University: Laptops and Projectors: How to, Tips and Hints
- North Central College: Instructional Media - Connecting a Laptop Computer to the Toshiba TLP 261Data Projector
- University of Wisconsin River Falls - Division of Technology Services: Setting up a Laptop Computer and LCD Projector
- Idaho Audio Visual Rentals: Connecting Computers to LCD Projectors
- Meeting Tomorrow: How to Connect a Laptop to a Projector (Video)