Your iPhone is full of tricks, but for them to actually be helpful, you need to know about them. One hidden feature worth noting is the iPhone's ability to scan photos without the use of a third-party app.
Hidden in the Notes app is the option to scan photos and documents using your phone's camera. It's a super easy way to digitize old photos so you can finally stop worrying about them.
Here's how it's done
- Open Notes on your iPhone.
- Select a note or create a new one.
- Tap the Camera button above the keyboard or at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Scan Documents.
- Line up the photo you want to scan with the camera lens.
- If your device is in Auto mode, your photo will automatically scan. If you prefer to manually scan the photo, tap the Shutter button or one of the Volume buttons.
- Once scanned, you can drag the corners to adjust the image.
- Tap Keep Scan.
- Repeat the steps for additional photos.
- Tap Save.
The feature also works with documents.