If you have kids, the best thing you can do for your sanity and theirs is to download Disney+ movies and TV shows to your phone or tablet in case you're ever in a situation where there's no WiFi. Like, on an airplane, for example, where you try and force as much screen time as possible to keep the kiddos entertained and seated.
As with Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and YouTube, you can download Disney's plethora of titles to watch whenever you want — with or without internet connection.
How to Download Disney+ movies and TV shows
- Open the Disney+ app on your phone or tablet and sign in or register if you aren't already.
- Choose the title you want to watch offline. By default, you need to be connected to WiFi for downloads, but that can be changed in settings so you can download over data.
- Tap the Download icon (the down-facing arrow).
It may take a bit for the download to complete, depending on your WiFi (you can check your internet speed here if you're interested). Once a checkmark appears, you're good to go and can start watching offline.
How to find the content you've downloaded
To find the content you've downloaded, tap the Download icon at the bottom of the screen. You'll see everything you've downloaded. You can download as many movies and shows as your phone's storage allows. Titles will remain on your device as long as you're a Disney+ subscriber and they're still available on the platform.
How to delete a title you've downloaded
If you want to remove a title after you've watched it or no longer want it taking up space, you can delete it.
- Tap the Download icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the movie you want to delete and tap the checkmark that's to the right of the title.
- Select Remove Download.
And that's it. Now you have a backup in case you're ever in the unfortunate situation of no internet and screaming children.