One of the most entertaining parts of Instagram is snooping on your exes, your exes new partner, and that random kid in elementary school you forgot about until right now.
Unfortunately, Instagram holds onto your lurking in the search bar, so if someone asks to borrow your phone to look up a profile, they're going to see who you've been stalking. Fortunately, you can clear your search history.
Video of the Day
Clearing your Instagram search history can be done in a few simple steps. See how to do it on both the app and desktop below.
- Open Instagram and go to your profile by tapping your profile icon.
- Tap the three dashes in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- From the pop-up menu, tap on Settings.
- Tap Security.
- Tap Clear Search History.
- Tap Clear All, then tap Clear All to confirm.
Keep in mind that clearing your search history is only a temporary solution, and the next time you search for a profile, it'll appear in your history.