Most people don't need to change the font size on their iPhones, but some may find themselves unable to read certain text — whether it's because the font is too small or too large. (Shout out to my step mom whose font can be seen from Mars, probably).
In addition to font size, you can also change the boldness, button shapes, auto-brightness, color filters, contrast, transparency, and more. The changes can majorly help people with low vision, color blindness, or other visual challenges.
Video of the Day
Luckily, Apple offers a way to change your iPhone's font size, and it's quick and easy. Scroll on for Apple's step-by-step instructions on how to do it, and get ready for your phone life to get infinitely better.
How to adjust the text size and display
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size.
- Adjust any of the following:
- Bold Text: Display the text in boldface characters.
- Larger Text: Turn on Larger Accessibility Sizes, then adjust the text size using the slider. Use this setting to adjust to your preferred text size in apps that support Dynamic Type, such as Settings, Calendar, Contacts, Mail, Messages, and Notes.
- Button Shapes: Underline text you can tap.
- On/Off Labels: Indicate switches turned on with "1" and switches turned off with "0".
- Reduce Transparency: Reduce the transparency and blurs on some backgrounds.
- Increase Contrast: Improve the contrast and legibility by altering color and text styling.Apps that support Dynamic Type — such as Settings, Calendar, Contacts, Mail, Messages, and Notes — adjust to your preferred text size.
- Differentiate Without Color: This setting replaces user interface items that rely on color to convey information with alternatives.
- Smart Invert or Classic Invert: Smart Invert Colors reverses the colors of the display, except for images, media, and some apps that use dark color styles.
- Color Filters: Tap a filter to apply it. To adjust the intensity or hue, drag the sliders.
- Reduce White Point: This setting reduces the intensity of bright colors.
- Auto-Brightness: This setting automatically adjusts the screen brightness for current light conditions using the built-in ambient light sensor.
Adjust the text size when you’re using an app
- Go to Settings and tap Control Center, then tap .
- Tap Text Size.
- Drag the slider up or down to increase or decrease the text size.
- To change the text size for all apps, tap All Apps at the bottom of the screen.