Most people touch hundreds or thousands of surfaces throughout the course of the day. Few of us wash our hands after touching them. The germs and bacteria from our hands are easily transferred to a cell phone. The heat generated from the operation of a cell phone creates a perfect environment for the growth of this bacteria. Every time you use your phone, you place your mouth and nose in close proximity to this breeding ground, increasing the likelihood of infection and illness.
Turn the cell phone off.
Spray or lightly dampen a soft, clean, lint-free cloth with ethyl or isopropyl alcohol or a specially made sanitizing spray made for disinfecting electronics. Do not spray it directly onto the device.
Wipe the device clean. Unless you have a screen protector in place, do not wipe your touchscreen with alcohol. Instead, use the cloth with the disinfectant on it to wipe the buttons, sides, front and back of your phone. Use Q-tips to gently clean around the buttons and ports of the device.
Buff the screen. Using another clean cloth (without alcohol or sanitizer), buff the touchscreen of your phone until smudges and fingerprints are gone. Apply a screen protector film so that you can disinfect it during future cleanings.
Things You'll Need
Alcohol or sanitizing spray
Expose your phone to as little moisture as possible. Never spray products directly on your phone.