A split screen on a television connected to a Memorex DVD player usually results when you accidentally or purposely turn on progressive scan on the player when your television is incompatible with the feature. This problem can also occur if your Memorex DVD player malfunctions. Whatever the source of the issue, you can usually troubleshoot it and confirm the source within approximately 15 minutes of your first noticing the split screen.
Check the back of your Memorex DVD player for a switch marked "Progressive Scan." If it has the switch and it is in the "On" position, shut off your player, flip the switch to the "Off" position, then turn the player on again to check your television screen.
Video of the Day
Check your remote control for an "HDMI/PS" or "Video" button if you don't see the "Progressive Scan" switch on the back of the DVD player. Press the button repeatedly to see if doing so turns off the progressive scan.
Pull the power cable plug for your Memorex DVD player from the electrical socket when the player is on if the issue persists. The player may have experienced a temporary malfunction. Wait five minutes, plug the player in again and turn it on to see if the split screen remains.
- Memorex: Mini DVD Player Frequently Asked Questions - Split Screen
- Retrevo: User Guide for Memorex MVD2022
- Memorex: Memorex MVD2042 User’s Guide DVD/VCD/MP3/PHOTO CD Player
- Memorex: Progressive Scan DVD Player MVD2050 Frequently Asked Questions - Split Screen
- Memorex: Memorex DVD Players User’s Guide MVD2050
- Memorex: Contact Support