The Biden administration announced the distribution of free N95 masks last week, and now pharmacies across the U.S. have started receiving the masks and are distributing them to the public. Each recipient is entitled to three free masks.
There are 400 million non-surgical N95 masks being given away by the federal government, all of which come from the Strategic National Stockpile — the federal reserves resources that are used when states become overwhelmed with a crisis.
Video of the Day
Participating pharmacies vary by state and territory, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). You can check out a full list on the CDC website, which includes state by state pharmacy participation. Here are the pharmacies that will be carrying free N95 masks, but to check on availability, you might want to call ahead.
- Albertsons (including Pavilions)
- CPESN USA
- CVS Pharmacy (including Long's)
- Good Neighbor Pharmacy
- Health Mart Pharmacies
- H-E-B, LP
- Kroger Co. (including Kroger, Harris Teeter, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Ralphs, King Soopers, Smiths, City Market, Dillons, Mariano's, Pick-n-Save, Copps, Metro Market, QFC)
- LeaderNET and The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy
- Managed Health Care Associates
- Publix Super Markets, Inc.
- Retail Business Services (including Food Lion, Giant Food, The Giant Company, Hannaford Bros Co, Stop & Shop)
- Rite Aid
- Southeastern Grocers (Winn-Dixie, Harveys, Fresco Y Mas)
- Topco Associates (including Acme Fresh Markets, Associated Food Stores, Bashas, Big-Y Pharmacy and Wellness Center, Brookshire's Pharmacy, Super One Pharmacy, FRESH by Brookshire's Pharmacy, Coborn's Pharmacy, Cash Wise Pharmacy, MarketPlace Pharmacy, Giant Eagle, Hartig Drug Company, King Kullen, Food City Pharmacy, Ingles Pharmacy, Raley's, Bel Air, Nob Hill Pharmacies, Save Mart Pharmacies, Lucky Pharmacies, SpartanNash, Price Chopper, Market 32, Tops Friendly Markets, ShopRite, Wegmans, Weis Markets, Inc.)
- Walgreens (including Duane Reade)
- Walmart (including Sam's Club)