How to Add an Image to Your Ad on Craigslist
When you're scanning the ads on Craigslist, aren't your eyes drawn to the postings that have good pictures? Adding images to your classified ad multiplies the usefulness of your ad to any reader and helps you. Readers can see what you're selling, which builds their confidence, and that leads to a sale. Here is how to add an image to your ad on Craigslist.
Things You'll Need
Go online and head to the Craigslist homepage (see link below). Choose your geographic location so your ad can be viewed by other people in your home town or area.
Browse through the categories to find the right one for your ad (such as "Furniture," "Lessons" or "Housing Swap"). You might have to suggest a new category for unusual or uncommon items.
Click "Post to Classified" near the top-left of your community's homepage. Select the type of posting (such as "For Sale" or "Housing"), then the category you selected in step 2. Request a new category if needed.
Enter the information for your ad, such as title, price and description.
Click "Add/Edit Images" below the fill-in-the-blank boxes for your item description. You should see a group of four more boxes, each topped with a red "X."
Click the "Browse" or "Choose File" button beneath an "X" to open your computer's files and hunt for the picture you want to appear. Click on the image you want and hit the "Open" button. The red "X" will turn into a green "O," and the file name will appear in the box beside the "Browse" button.
Examine your image. If it doesn't look the way you want, use the "Edit" button to alter the appearance of your photo before it shows up in your ad.
Repeat steps 6 and 7 if desired to add up to 3 more images.
Tips & Warnings
- You can post up to four pictures to your ad, so make sure your choices fit the ad and the product well. Consider using your photos to take different views of your item: ¾ view, head on, from above and from the back are some good starting points.
- Use the best quality photos you can for your ad. Consider using a desktop editing tool to sharpen them up before posting.
- Make sure that you proof and correct the spelling on your post. Craigslist will not do it for you.
- Double check the filename and image that you are adding to the text. Make sure you are sending the right pictures.
- Do not post pornography or other offensive material on Craigslist.