How to Add Photos to Twitter
Twitter enables the addition of photos in two places: your tweets and your profile. Click the **Add Photo** icon on your Home timeline to add photos to your tweets. Visit your Profile page to add a new profile or header photo.
Add Photos to Tweets
Sign in to your account using the [Twitter homepage](http://www.twitter.com) and click the **Home** tab.
Click your mouse in the **What's Happening** text box and enter your tweet.
Click the **Add Photo** icon located below the What’s Happening box.
Select the photo you want to tweet.
Click the **Tweet** button to tweet your message.
Add Photos to Your Profile
Click your profile picture in the top corner of any Twitter page and select **View Profile** on the drop-down menu.
Click the **Edit Profile** button on your Profile page.
Click either **Change Your Profile Photo** or **Change Your Header Photo** depending on which image you want to change.
Select **Upload Photo** and choose your new photo.
Click the **Save Changes** button when you’re finished.
Tips & Warnings
- Posting an image varies slightly between Android and iOS devices.
- On Android phones and tablets, tap "What’s Happening" and then touch the "Camera" icon to take a new photo or choose an existing one on your device.
- On iOS devices, touch the "Tweet" icon and then tap the "Camera" icon to take a new photo or select an existing one from the library of photos on the device.
- Twitter accepts photos up to 5MB in size and animated GIFs up to 3MB.
- Accepted photo formats include JPEG, GIF and PNG.