How to Change a Delivery Address on Amazon
The first time you purchase an item on Amazon, the website prompts you to enter a delivery address. This address then becomes the default shipping destination for items purchased through your account. Use the Manage Address Book section of the Your Account page to change your delivery address.
Sign in to Amazon and then hover your mouse over the **Your Account** button on the main menu and select **Your Account**.
Scroll down and click the **Manage Address Book** link in the Settings section.
Click the **Edit** button located beneath your default delivery address.
Change the address information in the provided fields and then click the **Save & Continue** button.
Tips & Warnings
- If you want to change the delivery address for an order you’ve recently placed, log in to your account, hover your mouse over the “Your Account” button on the main menu and select “Your Orders.” Click “Order Details” next to the open order you want to change.
- If the open order will be shipped by Amazon but has not yet shipped, click “Change,” enter the new delivery address and then click “Change” again. Your order will now be shipped to the new address.
- If the order will be shipped by a third-party seller, click the “Problem With This Order” link to contact the seller directly. Sellers are not able to change the delivery address of an order once it has been submitted. Instead, you need to ask them to cancel the order. Once the order has been canceled, create a new order using the correct delivery address.
- You can maintain multiple shipping addresses with your Amazon account. Like your default address, each of these is edited using the Manage Address Book screen.
- Click the "Enter a New Address" button to add shipping addresses to your account. Click the "Edit" button beneath an existing address to edit it.
- You can also use the Manage Address Book screen to make one of your alternate addresses your default address. Click the "Click Here" link under an address to set it as your default address.
- Click the "Delete" button under an address and then click "Confirm" to remove it from your Address Book.