How to Delete an Email Address from the Facebook Login Screen
Your browser's AutoFill feature automatically saves all email addresses that are entered in the Email or Phone field of the Facebook Login page. To remove your address from the website's Login field, erase your browser's saved form data through the History section of its Settings menu. To prevent automatic access to your Facebook account whenever you visit the website, clear the option to stay logged in from the Facebook Login page.
Facebook Login Page
[Log in](https://www.facebook.com/help/185285184853471) to your Facebook account and click the down arrow at the end of the menu bar to display a drop-down menu. Select **Log Out** to exit your account.
Click in the Email or Phone field and then press the **Down** arrow key on your keyboard to display all of your saved email addresses. Hover your cursor over the email address you use to access your Facebook account and then press **Delete**. This action removes your email address from the Login field until you enter it again.
Clear the **Keep Me Logged In** check box and then close all open windows to quit the browsing session.
Click the **Tools** button and then select **Internet Options** from the drop-down menu to open the Internet Options dialog window.
Click the **General** tab and then click the **Delete** button under Browsing History to open the Delete Browsing History box. To automatically delete your browsing history when you complete a browsing session, select the **Delete Browsing History on Exit** check box.
Select the **Form Data** check box and then click the **Delete** button to delete the browser's saved Facebook form information.
Click the **Open Menu** button and then select **History** from the list of items on the drop-down menu to open the History sidebar.
Select **Clear Recent History** in the History section to open the Clear Recent History box.
Select the **Time Range to Clear** drop-down box and select the option that equals the time range you want to clear, such as **Today**. Select the **Form and Search History** check box and then click the **Clear Now** button.
Click the **Customize and Control Google Chrome Menu** button and select **History** to open the History page.
Click the **Clear Browsing Data** button to open the Clear Browsing Data window.
Click the **Obliterate the Following Items From** drop-down box and then select the time frame you want the browser to clear, such as **The Last Four Weeks**. Select the **AutoFill Form Data** check box and then click the **Clear Browsing Data** button.
Tips & Warnings
- To delete form data on an Apple computer, launch the native Safari browser, open the "Safari" menu and then choose "Preferences." Select the "AutoFill" tab and then click the Usernames and Passwords "Edit" button. Remove the Facebook data and then click "Done."
- To remove your Facebook password from the Facebook field on the website's Login page, open the Manage Passwords, Manage Saved Passwords or Saved Passwords section of your browser's Settings menu and delete the password.
- If you access Facebook on a shared computer, always delete your browsing data -- including forms, passwords and history -- to prevent another user from viewing or editing your private Facebook information.
References & Resources
- Facebook: I Selected "Keep Me Logged In," But Now I Need to Change It
- Mozilla Support: Delete Browsing, Search and Download History on Firefox
- Chrome Help: Delete Your Browsing History
- Microsoft Windows: View and Delete Your Browsing History
- Apple: Safari 8 (Yosemite): AutoFill Pane of Safari Preferences
- Facebook: How Do I Log Into My Facebook Account?
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: How to Remove Saved Passwords From a Web Browser
- Mozilla Support: Viewing and Deleting Passwords