How to Find Your Own Mobile Number
With just a few seconds of your time, you can find your phone number within your device's settings menu.
Sometimes it seems the hardest part of owning a cell phone is remembering your own phone number.
“I never call myself, how am I supposed to remember it?” I’m sure we’ve all either heard someone say, or uttered the same phrase ourselves when trying to recall the all-important seven digit number that keeps us connected to the outside world.
Thankfully, there are more than a few ways to quickly look up your phone number. The process varies depending on what type of phone you use. Below you'll find the steps required to find your number for each of the major mobile operating systems: iOS, Android, and Windows Phone. And if you have an "old fashioned" flip phone, scroll to the bottom for tips on finding the phone number on your phone.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on Phone.
- Your phone number should be displayed at the top of the screen.
The process can vary from phone to phone -- they're not all alike -- but for most, you can find what you need by following this general method:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and find About phone; select it.
- Next, select Status.
- Your phone number should be listed within the myriad of options here. However, if there’s an option for “SIM Status,” your number just might be hiding in there.
Alternatively, Android users may find it easier to search the Settings app if the device allows for it. Typically there's either a magnifying glass or the word "Search" at the top of the screen. Select it and enter "phone number."
If you have a Windows Phone, you can follow these directions to find your phone numbers:
- Open the Phone app.
- Tap on the three-dot icon in the bottom corner.
- Select Settings.
- At the top of the page will be your phone number.
Ordinary Mobile (Feature) Phones
What if you don't own any sort of smartphone? Cell phone users using a feature phone, such as a flip phone, have a few options:
- You can poke around in your phone’s settings for an option to view your phone number.
- You can call your home phone (assuming you still have one), or a friend’s phone and ask them to read your phone number back to you from the caller ID.
- You can dial 611 on your phone to contact customer care at your wireless carrier. After verifying that you own the account, they can tell you your phone number.