Google Calendar Sync is a free software program that lets you sync the events in the default Outlook Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010 with your primary online Google Calendar. You can also choose how often to sync your calendar events. Google Calendar Sync is compatible with Windows XP, Vista or 7, but it does not work with Windows XP Professional 64-bit edition. You will need a free Google or Gmail account to use Google Calendar Sync.
Video of the Day
Open Outlook and select "Calendar." Download the latest version of Google Calendar Sync from the Google website at google.com and save it to your hard drive. Run the installation file, read the terms of service and select "I Agree" if you would like to install the software. Click "Install" to continue. When Google Calendar Sync starts, log into your Google account.
Select a sync option. Choose the "2-way sync" option to sync both your Google Calendar events to your Outlook calendar, and vice versa. Select the "1-way: Google Calendar to Microsoft Outlook calendar" option to sync your Google Calendar events to your Outlook Calendar. Choose the "1-way: Microsoft Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar" to sync your Outlook Calendar events to your Google Calendar.
Select the frequency with which you'd like to sync your Google Calendar and Outlook Calendar events. The shortest frequency permitted is 10 minutes. Click "Save." Click "Cancel" to close the Google Calendar Sync window. You can re-open the Sync window at any time by right-clicking the icon in the systray and selecting "Options." Double-clicking the icon will also open the window. You can sync manually by selecting "Sync" from the right-click context menu.
Tips & Warnings
- If you're using another program to sync between Google Calendar and Outlook Calendar, you must uninstall it before installing Google Calendar Sync.
- You can find help with common syncing errors and known issues on the Google Support website. You can also access Google's troubleshooting page by right-clicking the Google Calendar Sync icon and selecting "Troubleshooting."
- When Google Calendar Sync is syncing, moving up and down arrows will appear in the icon in the systray. When it isn't syncing, the icon will appear like a small calendar with a date circled in red.
- You can only sync pop-up reminders between Google Calendar and Outlook Calendar.
- If you want your synced events to be private, you must set both Google Calendar and Outlook Calendar events as private.