How to Create a Distribution List in Comcast Email
When sending email to a group of people, creating a distribution list can save you time and effort later especially if you email the same people frequently. Once you create a distribution list in Comcast Email you can save and reuse it. It is also easy to edit a distribution list when contact information changes.
Things You'll Need
- Comcast email account
- Contact names and email addresses
Sign in to your Comcast Webmail account.
Access your address book by clicking the "Address Book" link in the left pane.
Hit the "Add Group" icon to go to the "Edit Contact Group" screen. "Contact Group" is Comcast's term for a distribution list.
Enter a name for the distribution list in the "Group Name" field.
Select a contact from the "My address book" field by clicking the name. The selected name is then highlighted in blue. You can use the "Shift" key to select a block of names or the "Ctrl" key to select individual names to add.
Use the "add" button to move selected names from the "My address book" field into the "Contacts in this group" field.
Click to select a name in the "Contacts in this group" field and then click the "remove" button to delete names from the distribution list. You can use the "Shift" key to select a block of names or the "Ctrl" key to select individual names to remove.
Type the name of any contact not currently in your Comcast address book in the "Name" field. Enter the contact's email address in the "Email" field. Click the "add button" to move the new contact into the "Contacts in this group field."
Review the names listed in the "Contacts in this group" field. Click the "Save" button to save the distribution list and return to the address book screen.
Confirm that your new distribution list appears on the address book screen. The distribution list displays in the "Name" column under the name you gave the group. The total number of contacts contained in the distribution list is listed in parentheses in the "Email Address" column.
Tips & Warnings
- You must have at least one contact in your distribution list to be able to save it.
- If you delete individual contacts from your address book that are on your distribution list, Comcast automatically deletes them from the contact group.
- To review and edit the distribution list, click the link on the address book screen to go to the "Edit Contact Group" screen. Read or change the distribution list information as needed. Click the "Save" button to save any changes or the "Delete" button to exit the screen without saving.
- To delete the distribution list, first click the check box on the address book screen to the left of the distribution list. A check in this box means that the distribution list is selected. Click the "Delete" button to delete the distribution list. If you see a prompt to confirm the deletion, click the "OK" button to continue.