How to Delete a Monster.com Account
If you've found the job you were looking for and don't want your resume and personal information to appear on Monster.com anymore, you can cancel your account. Delete the account only if you are certain you don't want to use the company's services anymore. If you may need the services in the future, it might be better to hide your resume and profile and disable email notifications from Monster.com instead of closing the account. All your resumes, cover letters, history and personal information are deleted when you close your Monster.com account.
Log in to Monster.com using your email and password or your Facebook account. Mouse over your name in the upper-right corner of the page and click "Settings" to open the "Edit Account Settings" page.
Click the "Cancel membership" link at the bottom of the page if you want to close the account. All your data is removed immediately when you close the account. Furthermore, you can't recover the data once you close the account.
Click the "Yes" button if you are absolutely certain you want to close your Monster.com account. If you decide you still need it, click the "Nevermind, I'll keep my Monster account" link to return to the Edit Account Settings page. The account is closed immediately and Monster deletes all your data.
Tips & Warnings
- If you are unable to close the account from the Edit Account Settings page, you can ask the Monster.com team to close it for you. Click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the Monster page and fill out the form with your personal information. Select "Disable/Cancel Account" from the "Category" drop-down box and then provide more details about your problem using the "Describe your issue or question" box. Click "Continue" and then click "Finish Submitting Question." There is no guarantee that Monster.com employees will close your account if you email them.
- To make your resumes private, log in to Monster.com, mouse over "Resumes" and click "Manage" next to My Resumes. Click the "Visible" link next to each resume, click the "Private" radio button and then click "Update Visibility."
- To make your profile private, mouse over your name, click "Edit Profile" and select the "Privacy Settings" tab. Click the "Private" radio button and click "Update Visibility" to make your profile private.
- Prevent Monster.com from sending you emails from your saved searches by mousing over "Jobs" and clicking "Saved Search." Select "Never" from the "Emails Sent" drop-down box next to each saved search. To delete saved searches, click the "Delete" button next to each item.
- Disable all notifications from Monster.com by mousing over your name, clicking "Edit Profile" and then selecting the "Notification Settings" tab. Remove all check marks from the "Email" column to prevent Monster.com from sending you any emails.
- Disconnect your social-networking services from Monster.com by mousing over your name and clicking "Settings." Click the "X" icon next to each service in the Linked Accounts section of the page and click "OK."