How to Take Your Picture on MacBook Pro
Your MacBook Pro has a high-definition FaceTime camera that you can use to take pictures of yourself using the Photo Booth 5.0 application. Photo Booth is included in the Mac OS X Mavericks operating system and can control the FaceTime camera natively. As long as you have Photo Booth, you don't need to use any other app to take your picture using your MacBook.
Launch the Finder app on your MacBook Pro and then type "photo booth" into the search box. Launch the "Photo Booth" app when it is displayed in the list of search results. The FaceTime HD camera is selected by default and its green indicator light turns on.
Click the "Effects" button to view all available effects and then choose one of them. Click the "Normal" effect to return to normal view if you can't find a suitable effect. To use your Mac's display as a flash, click "Camera" in the menu bar and then turn on the "Enable Screen Flash" option.
Click one of the icons in the bottom of the app to select single-photo or burst mode. Click the movie icon to select video mode. Photo Booth takes four pictures in burst mode.
Click the red camera button to take the picture. By default, Photo Booth has a three-second countdown before it takes the picture. The picture drops into the tray at the bottom of the window and is saved on your hard drive.
Tips & Warnings
- If you accidentally deleted the Photo Booth app, you can only get it back by reinstalling the operating system. Apple does not provide a way for you to download or install the app without reinstalling the OS.
- Press "Escape" during the three-second countdown to stop Photo Booth from taking the picture.
- Hold the "Option" key and press the shutter button to take the picture instantly. Hold "Shift" and press the shutter button to take the picture without flashing the screen.
- Delete pictures from Photo Booth by selecting them and pressing "Delete."
- Share your pictures with your friends by selecting them and clicking the "Share" button.
- Export the images as JPEG files by selecting them, clicking "File" and choosing "Export" from the menu.
- To open the folder containing your Photo Booth photos, click "File" and then select "Reveal in Finder" from the menu.
- The camera turns off automatically when you close the Photo Booth app.