If you are considering using your AOL WebMail in Outlook, or if you have an email account with both services, you can transfer your AOL contacts to Microsoft Outlook. The easiest way to transfer this data is by exporting a comma-separated value, or CSV, file, which is compatible with most email client programs, including Microsoft Outlook.
Exporting AOL Contacts
Sign in to your AOL WebMail account and select “Contacts” from the left panel.
Video of the Day
Choose “Export” under the “Tools” drop-down menu. Select the “Comma-separated value (CSV)” radio button and then click “Export.”
Select “Save” when the “File download” dialog box opens and then choose a destination for the file on your computer. You have successfully exported your AOL WebMail contacts.
Importing AOL Contacts
Launch Outlook 2007. Choose “Import and Export” from the “File” menu.
Select “Import from another program or file” and then hit “Next.”
Choose “Comma Separated Values (Windows)” and then select “Next.”
Select the AOL WebMail CSV file you downloaded. Choose “Do not import duplicate items” and then hit “Next.”
Specify which folder you would like Outlook to import the data to, select “Next” and then choose “Finish.”
- AOL Help: Export contacts from AOL WebMail
- Yahoo!: How to Import a Comma Separated Value (CSV) File Into Outlook
- Microsoft: How to Import and Export Text Data by using Outlook
- AOL Help: How do I import contacts to AOL WebMail?
- AOL Help: How do I set up an AOL or AIM email account in Microsoft Outlook 2007?