How to Use a Walmart Product Replacement Plan
Walmart offers the option of purchasing an extended warranty or replacement plan when you purchase qualifying items. You may buy a plan after you have made your qualifying purchase, but you must obtain it within 90 days of the date you bought your item, and you must have your original receipt. This extended warranty is provided by a third party company named N.E.W. Customer Service Companies, LLC. To take advantage of your plan, you will need your purchase receipt as well as the email confirmation receipt for your replacement plan.
Things You'll Need
- Email Receipt Confirmation or Purchase Receipt of Walmart Product Replacement Plan
- Purchase Receipt from Walmart for Your Item
- Telephone or Internet Access
Request a Claim By Phone
Gather your reciepts for your Walmart Replacement Plan and your purchased item.
Call Product Care Plan Customer service at 1-877-968-6391.
Request to file a claim.
Work with the representative to obtain a replacement for your item.
Request a Claim Online
Verify that you have your Walmart Product Replacement Plan receipt and your item's purchase receipt.
Register your plan and product with Productassist.com/Walmart.
Log in to the Productassist.com/Walmart website.
Click "Care Plan Management or File a Claim."
Provide the requested information to file your claim and obtain a replacement product.
Tips & Warnings
- Walmart Product Replacement Plans do not go into effect until your manufacturer's warranty has expired and are only available for items under $147.
- Walmart Product Service Plans are available for items over $147.