How to Use the Favorites Feature on Comcast Cable
With so many cable channels to choose from, it’s easy to get lost and miss your favorite content. Comcast’s XFINITY TV cable service enables you to choose as favorites three kinds of content: channels, programs and personalities. The method for adding and removing favorites varies slightly depending on the type of content.
Add or Remove a Favorite Channel
Press the “Guide” button on your Comcast remote to load the on-screen guide. It may take a moment for the guide to populate with content depending on last use.
Press the arrow buttons on your remote to move through the guide until you locate the channel you want to add to your favorites.
Press the “Left Arrow” key on your remote to highlight the channel and then press the “OK” key to load the Channel Information screen. This screen displays a brief description of the channel and provides a snapshot of upcoming programs.
Press the “Right Arrow” key on your remote to highlight “Favorite” and then press the “OK” key to add the channel to your list of favorites. To remove this channel from your favorites in the future, return to this screen and select “Remove Favorite.”
Add or Remove a Favorite Program
Press the “Guide” button on your remote to load the main on-screen Comcast guide. It may take a moment for the guide to populate with channel information.
Press the arrow keys on your remote to navigate through the channels and highlight the program you want to add to your favorites. Both on-air and on-demand programs can be added.
Press the “Info” button on your remote to load the information window for the selected program and then highlight “Series Info,” “Movie Info” or “More Info.” The nature of the program you’re adding to your favorites dictates which option is available for you to highlight.
Press “OK” to display the Program Information screen, highlight “Favorite” and press “OK” on your remote to add the program to your list of favorites. In the future, if you want to remove this program from your favorites, select “Remove Favorite” on this same screen.
Add or Remove a Favorite Personality
Press the “XFINIFTY” button on your remote to load the main menu, highlight “Search” and press “OK” to load the Search screen.
Input the name of the personality you want to add to your favorites. Search results begin to appear as soon as you start typing the name, which means you likely won't need to enter the person’s entire name before it appears.
Highlight the personality’s name on the list of search results and press “OK” on your remote to display the information screen for the selected personality. This screen lists biographical information about the person and provides a list of available shows in which she is scheduled to appear.
Highlight “Favorite” on the personality’s information screen and press “OK” to add the personality to your favorites. In the future, you can remove this person from your favorites by selecting “Remove Favorite” on this same screen.
Tips & Warnings
- You can also remove programs and personalities from your favorites using the Favorites section on the Saved screen. Press the “XFINITY” button on your remote, select “Saved” and then select “Favorites.” Highlight the lrelevant program or personality and press “OK” on your remote. Highlight “Remove Favorite” and press “OK.”
- If you’re using the XFINITY TV Remote app, you can create a list of favorite channels by tapping “Settings” and then selecting “Favorite Channels.”
- You can also add a personality to your list of favorites when viewing the Cast & Crew section on a program’s information page.
References & Resources
- Comcast: X1 -- Guide -- Add a Channel to Favorites
- Comcast: X1 -- Guide -- Add a Program to Favorites
- Comcast: X1 -- Guide -- Add a Personality to Favorites
- Comcast: X1 -- Guide -- Remove a Personality or Program From Favorites
- Comcast: Create a Favorite Channels List in XFINITY TV Remote App
- Comcast: X1 -- Guide -- Filter Your Guide
- Google Play: XFINITY TV Remote
- Apple iTunes Preview: XFINITY TV Remote