How to Sign Up for Comcast Email
In 1963, Julian Brodsky, Ralph Roberts and Daniel Aaron started Comcast in Tupelo, Mississippi. Comcast was a small cable television provider with big dreams. Fast forward to today's Comcast, which produces television shows, owns sports arenas and is the largest cable television provider and Internet service provider in the USA. When you sign up for email with Comcast, you use the services of a large company with the ability to provide fast and reliable web servers to its customers.
Visit the Comcast.com website offering all of the Comcast products (see Resources below).
Verify you live in an area where Comcast Internet service is currently available. Look for a box on Comcast's website asking for your street address and zip code. Provide your address information to Comcast via the box. You will be directed to the Comcast services, including email, available to you.
Start a new account using Comcast as your Internet service provider. You will need to choose an appropriate service plan and set up your preferred payment system.
Create a unique user name and password for your new Comcast account. Make your password a combination of letters and numbers to make it more secure.
Scan the top of the initial Comcast.net webpage and click "Email." Sign in to your email account by typing the user name and password you created for your account in the appropriate boxes (see Resources below).
Create an additional email account (up to six more free accounts) by visiting the Comcast.net website and clicking the "My Account" link at the top of the webpage (see Resources below). Look for the option to create a new email account(s). Assign each new account a unique user name and password.
Tips & Warnings
- Comcast has a version of the latest Internet Explorer optimized with the Comcast system in mind (see Resources below).
- Save money on Comcast Internet services by using several different Comcast products, such as cable television and Internet service.
- Write down all of the user names and passwords you create. Keep the account information safe from others yet easily accessible.
- Use different Comcast email accounts for communicating with family, friends and other general use.
- The Comcast website works best with Internet Explorer or Firefox web browsers on PCs and Safari on Macs.
- You must use Comcast as your Internet service provider to sign up for Comcast email.