Instructions for the RCA DTA800 Remote
To receive digital over-the-air broadcasts with a standard antenna, you will require the used of a digital converter box. One type of digital converter box is the DTA800, which is manufactured by RCA. Once the converter box is connected to your antenna, the remote control will need to be used to control various components, such as a television. Instructions will be needed if you no longer have a copy of the manual or documentation for the unit.
Things You'll Need
- AA batteries
Remove the battery cover and insert new batteries into the remote. Press the "Power" button on the television to turn it on.
Press the "PRM" button that is in the lower left corner of the remote control. You should see the signal indicator light come on.
Click the DTA800 TV Codes link in the Resource section to view a list of program codes for the converter box. Enter the 3-digit code for your television by pressing the number keys on the keypad. Press the "OK" button when finished. You should see the indicator light turn off.
Point the remote at the television and press the volume keys on the remote control. If the volume for the television changes, the remote has been programmed successfully.
Enter another 3-digit code for your television if the first code fails to program the remote.
Tips & Warnings
- Most televisions have more than one code that you will be able to use to program the remote.
- Make a note of the correct code for the television for when you need to program the remote at a later time.
- If the indicator light blinks four times and then remains on, the wrong code was used.
- Press the "CC" button on the remote control to use closed captioning for the converter box.
- You will need to reprogram the remote control when replacing the batteries.