If you have Amazon Prime but aren't sharing it with your immediate family, you're doing it wrong.
A lot of benefits come along with the $119 annual fee, including two-day shipping, free two-hour delivery if you spend at least $35, access to Prime Video, Prime Wardrobe, unlimited photo storage, free e-books and magazine, etc. But one major benefit that many users are missing out on is Amazon Household, a feature that gives you the ability to share your membership with one other adult, four teens, and four children using one form of payment.
Video of the Day
How create your Amazon Household
- Open Amazon and hover over Accounts & Lists.
- Click Your Account.
- Under Shopping Programs and Rentals, click Amazon Household.
- To set up an Amazon Household with another adult, select Add Adult. You can either send an email invitation or sign up together to verify your accounts.
- To add a teen, select Add a Teen to send an email invite. The teen must accept the parent's invite to set up their own login.
- Take the same steps to add a child, but select Add a Child.
Once your Amazon Household is set up, you'll be asked to review your content sharing settings through Family Library—an important step if you don't want to share everything with your kids.
To remove anyone from the Household, go to Amazon Household and select Manage Your Household. Tap the Remove button under each individual name.