How to Find a Real Job that You Can work Online from Home
There are several ways to earn money from the comfort of your own home. The problem that most people have is finding work that takes way too much time and makes way too little money, work that isn't consistently available, or worst of all, people trying to scam money. Here are several places that you can find legitimate jobs...people that pay you for work that you do from your home. Be sure to check out the resources as I have put links to all of the companies listed in the resources section. Happy Job Hunting.
Things You'll Need
- A computer
- Office equipment, telephone, headset, etc. (The type of equipment needed depends on the job that is being done)
- Quiet place to work from in your home.
Find a helpful website that can connect you with people that are hiring people to work from home. www.wahm.com is a great place to get job leads and it won't cost you a thing. You still need to be careful because there are Multi Level Marketing (MLM) companies that want you to give them money to "start your own business" and there are paid ads on this site. But, I have found several companies that really are hiring people to work from their homes with this great resource. Love WAHM's!
Check into being a Google Rater. There are a few companies out there that do this but the only ones I am really familiar with are Lionbridge and LeapForce. As a Google Rater or an Internet Assessor you basically work out of your home checking out websites to see if they are a good return for the search engine. It's almost like mystery shopping search engines. You have to pass a test with both of these companies but once you do you can make anywhere from $600 to $1215, and more a month. Plus you can work anytime you want. (Like when the kiddos are asleep!)
Customer service positions abound for the person that wants to work at home. There are several companies out there that will hire people for both customer service and sales positions. This is where you need to make sure you have a quiet work space and a headset. Each company may require slightly different equipment so make sure you read the requirements before you apply for the job. Alpine Access, LiveOps, and Arise are three of the top companies hiring for this type of work.
Tips & Warnings
- Don't get discouraged and don't give up. It isn't always easy but it IS possible to find legit work that you can do at home.
- Don't give anyone any money. You want to get paid, not pay for a job. Don't even give people who say they can give you job leads money. Keep your money in your pocket and add to it.
- Try writing for E-how, starting your own blog or selling things on E-bay.
- Again, don't give anyone your money. You want to make money, not spend it. There are legitimate jobs that you can do from home that you don't have to pay for. Don't be a sucker just because you want to work from home.
- "If it sounds too good to be true it probably is"