How to Install Powerpoint
PowerPoint is a software feature in the Microsoft Office suite that enables you to create dynamic, professional presentations. The software is user-friendly and requires minor technical skills, which gives everyone the opportunity to develop quality work by way of technological advances. Installing and mastering PowerPoint is relatively easy.
Things You'll Need
- Internet Connection
- PowerPoint Software Download
How to Install PowerPoint
Go to http://office.microsoft.com. On the top menu bar of the page, click "Products." The next page will display a list of products in the left pane of the window. Click the "PowerPoint" icon link. The next page should display two menu bars at the top of the page.
Click "Try PowerPoint 2007" in the lower menu bar at the top of the page. On the next page, click "Download Now," located on the right side of the page. The next page will prompt you to fill out the data forms provided to retrieve your activation key.
Type your name and your email address into the data forms. Click "Continue" to proceed to the installation. The security prompt will ask if you are sure you'd like to proceed. Click "Yes."
Write down the product activation key as a precaution because the code cannot be retrieved again. Click "Download Now" to start the installation. When the Windows Explorer dialog box appears, click "Save" to store the setup application. The InstallShield Wizard will appear with the User Information screen. Enter your name, initials and organization name if applicable.
Click " Continue." The next screen will display the "End User Agreement License." You must agree to the terms by clicking the "I Agree" icon at the bottom of the screen to proceed. The actual download may take a few minutes depending on your computer, processor and Internet connection. When the download is complete, an indication screen will appear and the program should open automatically.
Insert the product key into the five boxes that appear on the entrance screen. The key is case sensitive, so enter it exactly as it appears. Click "OK" to activate the software. The program will show the time frame you have left to use the software. Click "OK" to begin using the software.
Tips & Warnings
- Always place the file locations for software in your C:/Program Files folder to keep up organization with files on your software.
- Refer to the PowerPoint manual link listed below to learn more about mastering the software.
- Make sure your computer has the adequate amount of space needed to install and run this software. The file can be rather large and may require a substantial amount of space to operate properly.
- Check to ensure your operating system is compatible to the PowerPoint Version you are planning to install.