How to Retrieve Deleted Files on an iPhone
Losing data on your iPhone can be a minor disaster---it takes a long time to gather and store phone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses, videos, photos, MP3 songs and videos, and you may not have that information stored anywhere else. However, there are efficient ways to retrieve deleted files on your iPhone. Chances are good that you will be able to retrieve your deleted files. However, it is always a good idea to back up all of your data before disaster strikes.
When you realize that a file has been accidentally deleted from your iPhone, avoid copying any more files to the phone. Run a simple scan program to check if your files are still recoverable. If they are still there, recover the files by clicking the "Recover" tab.
Download a free program from the Internet to retrieve deleted files on an iPhone (see Resources). Run the program on your iPhone, and let it scan and retrieve all of the files on the hard drive. The process can be quite time-consuming, as these programs scan the entire hard drive of your iPhone.
If Steps 2 and 3 don't work, connect your iPhone to your computer and allow them to synchronize. Click the "Summary" tab under iTunes, and then click the "Restore" button to restore the lost data.
References & Resources
- Shareware Guide: How to Recover Photos From iPhone? How to Recover Lost Photo Files?
- Menoob: How To Recover Your iPhone Files, Photos, Contacts, Notes, SMS, Call History, Etc.
- CNET Reviews: How to Restore iPhone App Data from Backup
- iPhone Backup: Help and Support Restoring iPhone Backups
- Apple: iTunes: Backing up, updating, and restoring your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch software
- Recover4all: Home