How to Sell Your Photograph Online
If you are an amateur photographer and would like to start your career, Shutterpoint, Photostockplus and Dreamstime are a few of the many sites that offer pay for your hard work. Selling your photos is as easy as signing up. There are different options from straight pay or commissions. You can also earn more money by providing your photos exclusively to the sites. Don't just let your photos collect dust on your hard drive. They can potentially make you some cash.
Things You'll Need
- Good photographs.
- The right site for you.
- Any legal requirements.
Navigate to the Shutterpoint site. Open an account with Shutterpoint.
Check the "What's Selling" and "Marketable Photography Guide" to find out the popular images that are in demand.
Upload images to the Shutterpoint database. There is a "Batch Upload" tool to upload multiple images at the same time.
Set your price for your photos. The site pays out 85% for a full royalty-free license and 70% for the standard royalty-free license.
Receive your pay through Paypal. Minimum amount before you can receive payment is $50.
Navigate to the Photostockplus site. Open an account with Photostockplus.
Upload images to the Photostockplus database. You can upload hundreds of files in minutes.
Set your price for your photos. The site pays out 85% for the full markup price of your photos.
Receive your payment monthly via check, bank wire or Paypal. Minimum amount before you can receive payment is $100. You are eligible for payment after the client pays the site.
Navigate to the Dreamstime site. Open an account with Dreamstime.
Upload images to the Dreamstime database. The uploaded images will be reviewed by the site's staff before placed on the site for purchase. If the image is rejected, resubmit the image according to the reviewer's suggestions.
Wait for your images to be downloaded. The site dictates the price of the images. The site pays a 25 to 60% fee for each transaction.
Request payment for the "Management Area" to receive payment.
Receive your payment monthly via bank check, Moneybookers or Paypal. Minimum amount before you can receive payment is $100.
Tips & Warnings
- Here are two sites on am on if you'd like to check them out to get an idea.
- Photobox do a range of gift ideas as well for your images and is free to join
- Imagekind allows over 1MB for uploads, free or priced galleries, marketing
- tools, a great forum, member features and can be sued to upload form flicker
- Both are worldwide
- Top tip is remember google searches don't read images but text, so add a good
- title, as much text as you can for individual pics and loads of tags for each
- I used Purple Haze in this article to give you an idea of what sells.This is
- not my best image but it outsells everything else i offer
- Never disclose date of birth, address etc on your profile, or your kids names.
- Make sure if you are using images of people you have a disclaimer
- Check out your countries tax requirements, keep records,of every sale