How to Set Up WiFi Wireless Connection on a BlackBerry
Setting up your Wi-Fi connection on your BlackBerry device can provide a usable data connection for Internet browsing, email access and other mobile data applications. If your BlackBerry is Wi-Fi capable, you will be able to connect to the Internet in both public and private "hotspot" areas.
Things You'll Need
- WiFi capable smartphone
- Data plan through your cell phone carrier
Select your BlackBerry "Menu" button and click the "Manage Connections" icon. If you don't see this, while in the Menu select the BlackBerry "Menu" again and choose the "Show All" option.
Choose the "Set Up Wi-Fi Network" option and click the "Next" button.
Either choose "Scan for Networks" or "Manually Add Network" to continue. The most convenient way to set up your BlackBerry on a Wi-Fi wireless connection is to "Scan for Networks."
Choose from the available Wi-Fi networks and enter any necessary security information when prompted.
Select the "Connect" option and you now have a wireless connection. You will be asked if you would like to save that connection as a profile; if so, click "Yes" and follow the remaining steps. This provides easier access to the network in the future.
Tips & Warnings
- Fast and reliable wireless internet connections provide a better user experience on a Blackberry or other smartphone.
- Learn to personalize your phone to fit your needs.
- Find more Blackberry tips in the resource section below!
- Data usage can be expensive. Make sure you understand your cell phone plan and rates.