If you're planning a trip to Disneyland or Disney World, you may want to consider downloading their respective apps to avoid waiting in the lines.
LOL. Just kidding. It's impossible to avoid lines at Disney, but you already know that. The apps can't help you avoid lines for rides altogether, but they definitely can help you find the shortest ones, among many other perks.
The My Disney Experience Disney World app and the official Disneyland app both offer park visitors very similar mobile experiences. Their features are super beneficial to anyone who wants to navigate through the parks in the most efficient way (i.e. finding all the best food, the shortest lines, and the location of character greetings).
Disney World app features
- Buy theme park tickets on the app, skipping the lines at the entrance.
- Explore the resort on an interactive, GPS-enabled map that literally gives you step-by-step directions to wherever you want to go in the park.
- Get wait times for attractions to make the absolute most out of your day.
- Find out showtimes for parades and fireworks, and find character greeting location and times.
- Check out restaurant menus and make dining reservations.
- Preview your Disney PhotoPass photos on your phone throughout your vacation.
Disneyland app features
- Buy tickets to both Disneyland and California Adventure on the app, and use the barcode at the gate, skipping the ticket booth lines and the need for an e-ticket.
- Easily check attraction wait times for both parks.
- Check FASTPASS return times.
- See restaurant menus, make dining reservations, and cancel them if you need to.
- Locate your favorite characters.
- Use the GPS-enabled map to find everything you need.
- See park hours, schedules, and accessibility information.
- For annual passholders, link to your passport to view blockout calendars and expiration dates. And show your digital barcode at the gate for admission
Now all you need to do is head to Disney and find a way to keep your phone charged all day!