You no longer need to connect your iPhone to your computer and import photos to print them from your computer. Use AirPrint or one of many printing apps to print photos directly from your iPhone.
AirPrint is an Apple program that helps you print photos without downloading or installing drivers. As of publication, AirPrint is built into most popular printer models.
Ensure that your printer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone. Use the built-in display on your printer or your computer to add the printer to your network.
Open the app you want to print from, such as Photos.
Tap the share icon, which appears as an arrow or box with an arrow.
Tap Print or the printer icon.
Choose your AirPrint enabled printer.
Select the number of copies you want to print.
Print With Apps
If your printer is not AirPrint enabled, try a third party app to print photos from your iPhone.
- HP ePrint is a free printing app that works with networked Hewlett Packard (HP) printers or any supported HP printer with an Internet connection.
- Printer Pro, a paid app made by Readdle, helps you print photos, documents and Web pages directly from your iPhone.
- ActivePrint is a free app — there are paid professional versions — created by Pocket Watch, LLC. This app supports printing to any Windows or Apple compatible printer, as well as printing to ActivePrint Cloud Printers and Google Cloud Printers.
Print to Store
If you do not have access to a printer, you can still print a photo directly from your iPhone. Download any of these free apps and have photos sent to your home or made available for pickup at a store — you will have to pay when you order or pick up the prints.
- PostalPix is an app that allows you to have photos sent to your home. If your photos don't arrive or get bent in the mail, PostalPix will reprint or refund your order at no additional charge.
- Use the LifePics app to order prints from over 12,000 locations around the world. The app uses GPS to find your location. Prices are based on the retailer you choose.
- The Walgreens app allows you to upload and order photos within the app. They will then be ready for in-store pickup in about an hour.