How to Use a SanDisk Memory Stick
The SanDisk Cruzer memory stick, also known as a USB flash drive or U3 smart drive, is used to store important data on your PC. The small device can hold files such as documentation, pictures and video clips that can be transferred from one PC to another.
Things You'll Need
- SanDisk Cruzer memory stick
- Software that supports documentation, pictures and/or video clips
Decide on the amount of memory needed to support your data. SanDisk memory sticks range from 512 MB to 16 GB.
Once you have selected the correct SanDisk product, carefully push out the retractable USB and attach it to your PC. Once the memory stick has been attached, an orange light will appear on the device. A pop up window will notify you that your SanDisk Cruzer has been recognized. A small icon that reads “U3” will appear at the bottom of your screen.
Begin storing the important data that you wish to save. You may wish, for example, to save school papers and a few pictures of your graduation party to your memory stick. Once you have successfully saved the information, eject the device.
Eject your device by left-clicking on the “U3” icon. The U3 Launchpad will appear. Left-click on the "Eject" button. You can safely remove your SanDisk memory stick once the pop up window notifies you.
Take your SanDisk memory stick with you and attach it to another computer. Open up pictures and video and share the data with your family and friends. This information can be stored to their PC and transferred to others as well.
Tips & Warnings
- It is better to have too much memory than not enough.
- Visit the memory usage chart at SanDisk.com for the total amount of photos, songs and video clips that can be stored (see Resources below).
- Make sure you have a reliable virus protection program on every computer you use.
- Always back up your work!
- Make sure your device is ejected by opening the small icon at the bottom of your screen. Try to purchase more memory if you are using your memory stick to primarily store pictures or video.
- Keep your SanDisk memory stick away from heat and liquids.