How to Configure a Browser to Accept Cookies
Open Mozilla Firefox web browser, and go to "Tools." Click on "Privacy." Click "Allow sites to set cookies" on the checkbox.
Click Accept third party cookies checkbox. Select Keep until they expire from the dropdown list. Click Ok. Close your Mozilla Firefox browser.
Open Microsoft Internet Explorer. Go to "Tools" and click on "Internet Options."
Click "Privacy," and drag the slider downwards until it says "Allow all cookies." Click "OK" or "Apply," depending on your version. Close your Microsoft Explorer browser.
Tips & Warnings
- The process of configuring your browser to accept cookies may vary slightly, depending on the browser and the version you use.
- To deny all cookies from your browser, follow the steps above, but uncheck "Allow sites to set cookies" in Mozilla Firefox. In Microsoft Internet Explorer, drag the slider upwards until it says Deny all cookies.
- Cookies are used by some websites to monitor your Internet activities so be careful when configuring your browser to accept cookies.
- Rejecting all cookies can cause some websites like Yahoo Mail and Google Gmail to function incorrectly. Be careful before rejecting all cookies. If you are unsure what to do, set your web browser to the default setting. See Resources below for additional information.
- You can set your cookies to expire when you close your browser in Mozilla Firefox. Go to "Tools," click the "Privacy" tab, and select "Keep until I close my browser" from the dropdown list.