How to Create an Email Account From Yahoo.com
More and more, having an email account is becoming essential. People use them for work, school, job applications and to keep in touch with relatives and friends. With email, you can sometimes even make doctor appointments or enter contests in an instant. Furthermore, email makes sharing family photos a quick and simple task. An email address is a gateway to the rest of the online world. Thankfully, using email can be free through many servers, and Yahoo is one such server that makes this process simple.
Navigate to Yahoo.com and click on the link that reads "New Here? Sign Up" on the main page.
Enter in your real information on the following page. Include your name, country, birthday, gender, country and zip or postal code. If you prefer to use an online pseudonym, enter that instead, but the other information is required.
Choose an ID and password under the heading "Select an ID and password." This will be your email handle. For instance, if you choose "Cybergirl" as your username, your email address will be Cybergirl@yahoo.com.
Select security questions and answers under the heading "In case you forget your ID or password." This will be useful in the event that you forget your username and/or password. If that happens, Yahoo will use these questions and answers to verify your identity. This is a safety measure, and it will protect your personal information. This step is also mandatory in creating a Yahoo email account. If you have an alternate email, enter it in this section. Yahoo will use that alternate email in the event that you forget your username and/or password and need to recover or reset it.
Enter the security code shown in the box at the bottom of the page. This is just to ensure that you are a real human being and not a virus attempting to hack the site and create a random email account.
Click on the "Create My Account" button. This will take you to a page with all of your important information, including your new email address and the security questions and answers you used to register. Print this page (using the blue link on the upper right corner of that screen) or write this information down in a safe place; you may need it if you forget any of your login details.
Tips & Warnings
- Your new Yahoo email account will let you log into Yahoo and create a personalized home page. You can set the page up to only give you the information you want, instead of scrolling through information that doesn't interest you.
- You can sign up for Yahoo groups at groups.yahoo.com. There, you'll be able to find communities of people talking about the things that interest you.
- You can use your login to create a Yahoo Messenger account. Add your friends and you'll be able to chat with them online.
- You can access your Yahoo email account from anywhere you have Internet access, including your cell phone.
- Because Yahoo is an online community, be careful when you join groups. Remember, there are real people behind those usernames. The Internet is an easy way for people to misrepresent themselves.
- Cyberbullying is the #1 internet danger, especially for kids. This is made easier when you have an email account and instant messaging.
- Always remember to log off when you're done checking email and using Yahoo. Otherwise, you'll leave your account open for the next person who uses the computer after you.