How to Forward Your Comcast Mail to Gmail
Forward emails to continue receiving emails to your Comcast address through your Gmail's Web interface.
Things You'll Need
- Gmail account
- Comcast email account
Every Comcast/Xfinity Internet account includes an email address. Comcast uses this address to send account and service notices, but it also serves as a general-use email account for your personal emails. If you like receiving emails at your Comcast address, but prefer Gmail's interface, turn on email forwarding to send every Comcast email to an existing Gmail account.
Need to switch in the other direction? Comcast offers a site to help move from Gmail.
Click My Account on the top menu bar in your Comcast email or on any other Comcast page. If you aren't already logged in, sign in to continue.
Open the Users & Preferences tab on the Account page.
Select the user whose emails you want to forward -- usually the user marked "Primary User" -- and click Email Settings.
- Each user has separate forwarding settings. To forward multiple users' emails, repeat these steps for each user.
- Forward two Comcast users to the same Gmail account to merge their inboxes into one.
- You don't have to forward all emails to receive Comcast account notices at another address. Change your contact email on the Basic Settings page.
Turn on Email Forwarding and enter your Gmail address in the box.
- Each user in a personal Comcast account can only forward emails to one address. If you already have another forward set up, click Edit to change the address.
- Comcast business accounts can create multiple forwards on the Add or Manage Forwards page.
Check the box next to Save a Copy if you want to keep a copy of the forwarded emails in your Comcast inbox. Without this option selected, your incoming emails only show up on Gmail. Click Save to turn on your email forwarding.
Saving a copy of forwarded emails can cause confusion: Even after you open or delete an email in your Gmail inbox, it still shows up as unread in the Comcast inbox.